Pilot Whale Encounter
For the safety of our guests, Ambassadors, and our animals, SeaWorld San Diego has taken extra steps to provide the safest possible Pilot Whale Up-Close Encounter experience:
- Please check in for your Pilot Whale Up-Close Encounter at the Pilot Whale Up-Close Encounter check-in near the Dolphin Adventures Amphitheater at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- Participants under 14 need an adult paid participant with them.
- Unvaccinated participants will be required to wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose at all times during the tour. Those who have received the COVID19 vaccine are not required to wear a mask.
- Taking photos of the animals and your experience is encouraged, however SeaWorld ambassadors will not be allowed to handle your camera or other personal equipment during your encounter.
- No loose jewelry, sunglasses or smoking is permitted during the interaction.
- All participants will be given the opportunity to wash and/or sanitize their hands before and after their encounter.
- Party sizes and inventory is limited to ensure physical distancing. There are limited spots available and we cannot guarantee there will be room to add extra participants.
- Program times, prices, components and animal participation are subject to change without notice.
- Any “animal experience reservations” can be changed or cancelled once for free as long as the change is 48 hours in advance of the reservation date, but there are charges for changes made within 48 hours or for more than one change. “Animal experience reservations” are nonrefundable with less than 48 hours' advance notice of cancellation.
- Please keep in mind if you arrive late you may not be able to join the program.
Reservations includes the Pilot Whale Encounter on the day and time of your reservation only. Park Admission is not included and required. Space is limited and early reservations are recommended.