Just try not to giggle when you’re in the water with one of our boisterous, animated sea lions. Between those big ol’ eyes and perpetual puppy-like energy, you just can’t help the good time you’ll have alongside these delightful comics of the sea.
During your interaction, you’ll get to play the role of an animal ambassador in training, interacting with sea lions both in and out of the water.
Not to be outdone by a dolphin’s dorsal ride back to shore, our sea lions will let you hold onto their flipper for a thrilling tandem tow across their habitat.
While your in-water sea lion interaction will last 20-30 minutes, the overall experience included with your In-Water Sea Lion Interaction reservation lasts closer to 2 hours.
What to Expect During your In-Water Sea Lion Interaction Experience:
- Suit up: Wetsuits and towels are included, all to be returned after your interaction. You’ll find a changing room with lockers and showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- Get ready: Before you leave for Sea Lion Shallows, one of our animal ambassadors will let you know what to expect, and give you some insights on sea lion behavior we’ve learned from our decades as experts in marine mammal care. This includes a video training portion as well as a Q&A session.
- Hop aboard: After your orientation at Discovery Point, we’ll take you by shuttle to the Sea Lion Shallows for the moment you’ve been waiting for.
- Wade in: With the guidance of a trainer, you and a small group of guests will wade into the water to meet, touch and connect with one of the sea lions in our care.
- Return to Discovery Point: After your interaction, we’ll bring you back to Discovery Point to change out of your wetsuit and get to see photos from your experience, available for purchase.