Beluga Whale Swim is temporarily closed.
Like so many animals who share our seas, belugas are near threatened in the wild, with some populations already endangered. Our SeaWorld San Antonio beluga whale swim is one of the only immersive programs of its kind in the world, giving our guests a chance to get to meet these amazing animals up close. Because the more we know, the more we understand. And the more we understand, the more we all care about wildlife and this awesome world we share.
While your in-water interaction with beluga whales will last 20-30 minutes, the overall experience included with your Beluga Swim reservation lasts closer to 2 hours.
What to Expect During your Beluga Whale Swim Experience:
- Suit up: Belugas like it cold, so we’ll fit you for a wetsuit to help keep you warm. Complementary wetsuit and towel are included, all to be returned after your swim. You’ll find a changing room with lockers and showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- Get ready: Before you leave for Beluga Bay, you’ll spend some time with one of our animal ambassadors to learn about beluga behavior and what to expect during your swim. This includes a video training portion as well as a Q&A with an animal ambassador.
- Hop aboard: After your orientation at Discovery Point, a shuttle will take you to Beluga Bay for the moment you’ve been waiting for.
- Wade in: With the guidance of a trainer, you and a small group of guests will ease into the waters at Beluga Bay to get to know the wonderful beluga whales through hugs, kisses and rubdowns.
- Return to Discovery Point: After your unforgettable swim, you’ll be taken back to Discovery Point to change out of your wetsuit and get to see photos from your experience available for purchase.