The Ocean is so vast that it covers nearly three quarters of our planet. It is home to the majority of life living on Earth. Although it may seem larger than life for us, participants will discover how we are all connected in many ways and dependent on the ocean for survival. Teachers will come along on a journey to explore some of the wonders that the ocean holds. Through this guided workshop, teachers will find inspiration for how they can bring that connection to their own classroom. Participants will see behind-the-scenes areas and learn more about conservation, engage in activities to demonstrate the biodiversity, complexity of ecosystems, and the science of studying the ocean.
- Develop a greater appreciation for our magnificent “one ocean”.
- Explore and discover the incredible biodiversity of our ocean.
- Learn how we depend on our ocean and our ocean depends on us.
- Conduct hands-on activities to show the importance of conservation concepts.
- Learn about SeaWorld’s ocean conservation initiatives.
- Raise your awareness about several environmental issues that are threatening our ocean.
- Create a connection to the ocean and take action to preserve its wonders.
Saturday, 2/1/20, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
$0 for classroom teachers. For scheduling information and to book the program, please email us at [email protected]
. Advanced registration is required. Spaces are limited