Planning Your Family TravelExpand All
What is SeaWorld San Diego doing to ensure guest health and safety in light of coronavirus concerns?
The safety and health of our Ambassadors, guests and animals are our top priorities. As part of our commitment to the safety and health of our guests, Ambassadors, and our community, we are following guidelines from the CDC on prevention of illnesses. To learn more, click here.
Are strollers available?
You can rent your stroller online ahead of time. Strollers are located inside the park at the rental shop near Guest Services. Guests must be 18 years or older to rent strollers. For safety reasons, all strollers must be parked outside of most exhibits and attractions. SeaWorld is not responsible for strollers or their content left unattended in the park.
Does the park close for inclement weather?
SeaWorld remains open during inclement weather, although some of the park's outdoor shows, rides and attractions may be temporarily affected. Refunds will not be issued due to inclement weather however we do offer rain check tickets, they are Sunny Day Guarantees.
Can I smoke at SeaWorld?
For the convenience of guests who wish to smoke, SeaWorld provides Designated Smoking Areas (this includes Electronic Cigarettes). Please refer to the park map for directions to these areas.
Is there free Wi-Fi for guests at SeaWorld San Diego?
We offer free Wi-Fi to our guests but please note that signal reception may vary by location and device type. After entering the park, select SeaWorldGuest to connect.
What credit cards are accepted at SeaWorld?
MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and JCB are accepted at all ticket booths, restaurants and gift shops with proper identification. Sorry, personal checks not accepted.
Is there public transportation to SeaWorld?
The Metropolitan Transit System offers daily bus service to SeaWorld from the Old Town Transit Center, via routes 8 and 9. The distance is approximately four miles with travel time of about fifteen minutes. Old Town Transit Center offers connections to Amtrak, Coaster and other bus service. For more information visit www.sdmts.com.
How much is parking?
You can save time by purchasing your parking online before you visit. Parking for a single car or motorcycle is $25 for General Parking, starts at $28 for Up-Close Parking and starts at $35 for VIP Parking.
Parking for RVs and campers is $30 - these options can only be purchased at the park.
In the interest of expediting your entrance into the SeaWorld parking lot, credit card is the preferred method of payment accepted at the parking toll booths.
General Parking is free for Annual Pass Members, but you may upgrade to Up-Close Parking for a small fee at the park when available. Photo ID and valid Annual Pass will be required at the Parking Lot Booths in order to receive the complimentary parking benefit.
What is the food and beverage policy?
Restaurants and concession stands are conveniently located throughout the park. Hard and soft coolers, glass containers, food such as sandwiches, meals, snacks etc., and flavored drinks may not be taken into the park. Water bottles may be taken into the park. For your convenience, picnic areas are available outside the park adjacent to the entrance/exit plaza. If leaving the park to enjoy your food, please have your hand stamped for re-admittance. Guests with medical diets or baby formula should speak with a park representative for assistance before entering the park.
How do I book a tour or animal encounter?
We offer many exclusive park experiences, such as behind-the-scenes tours and animal interactions. Book online in advance to reserve your spot, or stop by Guest Services during your visit for availability.
Where can I find a map?
You can view the map online before your visit. The SeaWorld App also has an interactive map feature to help you find your way during your visit. Printed park maps are given out at parking toll booths.
What if it rains?
Rainy Days at SeaWorld
Showers are always possible in San Diego, particularly during winter months, and safety is our No. 1 concern.
Let's face it, sometimes the rain just won't go away. So, our commitment is that if the rain ruins the fun at SeaWorld in San Diego, guests will receive a complimentary return visit to the park. No matter how much rain -- from small showers to mighty storms -- just stop by the Tickets & Reservations counter for your return visit. You will need to show your original admission ticket to receive a Sunny Day Ticket. All Sunny Day Tickets will be issued only at the Tickets & Reservations counter near the park entrance.
Disclaimer: Policy enactment is at the discretion of Guest Services. Parking, lockers, Quick Queue®, and additional upgrade purchases from initial visit are not included in 2nd visit. Sunny Day Ticket may ONLY be utilized by guests with a Single-Day Ticket or Multi-Day Ticket. Not valid for Pass Members.
What are the park hours?
SeaWorld is open every day, but park hours vary throughout the year. You can view our park hours online before you plan your visit.
What are the ride height restrictions?
As each attraction is unique, guests are encouraged to reference each posted safety warning sign at the ride entrance. Height requirements for each attraction are listed below:
- Abby's Sea Star Spin - 42" (107 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.* Hand-held infants are not permitted.
- Aqua Scout - 36" (91 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.*
- Bayside Skyride - 56" (142 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.*
- Electric Eel - 54" (137 cm) or taller.
- Elmo's Flying Fish - 48" (122 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.* Hand-held infants are not permitted.
- Journey to Atlantis® - 42" (107 cm) or taller. Guests between 42" (107 cm) and 48" (122 cm) in height must be accompanied by a supervising companion.*
- Manta® - 48" (122 cm) or taller.
- Octarock - 31" (79 cm) or taller.
- Oscar's Rocking Eel - 42" (107 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.* Hand-held infants are not permitted.
- Riptide Rescue - 45" (114 cm) or taller. Guests between 45" (114 cm) and 50" (127 cm) must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Sea Dragon Drop - 36" (91 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.*
- Shipwreck Rapids® - 42" (107 cm) or taller. Guests between 42" (107 cm) and 48" (122 cm) in height must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Skytower - 48" (122 cm) or accompanied by a supervising companion.*
- Tentacle Twirl - 40" (106 cm) or taller.
- Tidal Twister - 48" (122 cm) or taller.
- Wild Arctic® - 42" (107 cm) or taller.
*A supervising companion is a guest who is 14 years of age or older.
Safety is our highest priority, and we meet or exceed all safety guidelines set forth by state agencies, industry organizations, as well as our ride and slide manufacturers. Each ride has a posted safety warning sign at the entrance, which may be different for each attraction. Guests should review these safety requirements, based on manufacturer guidelines and our park safety protocols.
For questions regarding guests with disabilities, please review The Accessibility Guide, which provides an overview of services and facilities available for guests with disabilities who are visiting SeaWorld® San Diego, including information pertaining to rides, shows and exhibits.
What attractions are currently closed?
Click here for a list of current and upcoming ride, show and other attraction closures at SeaWorld San Diego.
What does admission include?
All shows, exhibits, aquariums and rides (except Skytower and Bayside Skyride) are included with park admission. Dining experiences, animal tours and interactions, front-of-the-line passes, in-park food and merchandise and other upgrades are optional and an additional cost. Advanced reservations for upgraded experiences are recommended and can be made online.
What items are prohibited at SeaWorld?
In order to maintain a safe environment for all SeaWorld guests and ambassadors, the following items are prohibited at SeaWorld. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons (to include self-defense sprays, pocket knives, toy guns, squirt guns, water blasters, etc.);
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote-controlled toys, skateboards, scooters, shoes with built-in wheels, roller and inline skates;
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, drug paraphernalia or other illegal substances;
- Glass containers (excluding small baby food jars) and plastic straws;
- Face masks worn by adults that are not medically required or religious in nature;
- Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied;
- Flags, banners, signs, or voice amplification devices used for the purpose of conducting demonstrations or to incite a crowd;
- Large markers, permanent pens and spray paint;
- Fireworks and other flammable items;
- Laser pens, laser pointers or similar focused light devices;
- Articles of clothing with offensive language or images.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Tickets and passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. The ticket is valid only at the park(s) specified. Most reservation products may be cancelled within a certain time-frame without any fees by calling 619-222-4732 (619-222-4SEA) between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PST. Please see specific reservation product descriptions and disclaimers for cancellation policy.
Do children get free admission?
Children ages 2 and younger are free and do not require an admission ticket to visit SeaWorld San Diego.
What kind of security should I expect when I come to visit?
SeaWorld San Diego has increased security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
- All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park. Bringing as few of these items as possible will help speed up the entry process for all guests.
- All guests will be screened through metal detectors prior to entering the park. Helpful tips as you approach the metal detector:
- Remove all bags from strollers
- Have bags, backpacks, fanny packs and purses open and ready for inspection
- Remove phones and keys from your pockets to be put in a basket
- Belts do not need to be removed
- As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into SeaWorld for the safety of our animals and our guests: weapons, knives, any other type of sharp objects, straws, large hard or soft coolers, drones, two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles, and any hazardous items or materials.
- SeaWorld does not provide storage for luggage or large items that do not fit inside lockers. Many area hotels provide concierge services to store luggage.
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park. On this page, see related FAQ item, "What items are prohibited at SeaWorld."
- SeaWorld is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
Where can I buy tickets?
Save time and money by purchasing your ticket or pass online before you visit the park. Tickets are required for all guests ages three and older.
Where is SeaWorld in San Diego?
The park address is 500 SeaWorld Drive, San Diego, CA 92109, near the intersection of Interstate 5 and Interstate 8. SeaWorld is located about 15 minutes north-west of downtown San Diego and San Diego International Airport (SAN).
Does SeaWorld have kennel services for pets?
SeaWorld provides a pet facility for $25 per day. It operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. We do not take reservations for this facility. Kennels are approximately 4ft by 8ft and are outside under some coverage. SeaWorld is not responsible for your pet. You must bring your own bowls and food. You may use the water available onsite and visit your pet throughout the day. The kennels are conveniently located to the left of the Parking Lot Toll Booths. Pets must be picked up within 30 minutes of park closing.
Can my children go to SeaWorld without me?
Except when participating in an event intended for young guests such as our SeaWorld Camps, sleepovers and educational programs, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment suggests that visitors 13 and younger be accompanied by an adult.
A Day at SeaWorld San DiegoExpand All
Are there bicycle racks available?
Bicycle racks for your use are conveniently located outside the Main Gate Plaza.
Does SeaWorld have a guide for guests with disabilities?
SeaWorld San Diego is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment to all guests. The Accessibility Guide provides an overview of services and facilities available for guests with disabilities who are visiting SeaWorld® San Diego, including information pertaining to rides, shows and exhibits.
Are there lockers available at SeaWorld?
All Day Locker rentals are located adjacent to Guest Services inside the park. The starting price for a jumbo locker is $20 per day and $15 per day for a standard locker. Cash and credit accepted.
Loose articles (including backpacks and bags) are not permitted on most rides. Please leave them with a non-rider or place them in a locker.
Hourly lockers are available and located at the entrance to Electric Eel, Journey To Atlantis, Manta and Shipwreck Rapids. An hourly locker is $2 for the first hour and $3 for each additional hour.
There are no lockers outside the park entrance, so please plan accordingly.
Does SeaWorld have ATMs?
Yes, Welch ATMs are located throughout the park.
Where do I go for help in the park?
Guest Services is located just inside the park to the right of the Main Entrance. Team members can assist you with the following:
- Visitor information (hotels, campsites, points of interest)
- Guides for guests with disabilities
- Show information for the hearing impaired
- Travel assistance
- Lost and found
- Lost children's center
- General park information and assistance
Does SeaWorld have lost and found?
If you have recently visited the park and lost an item, please contact us here to report your missing item. SeaWorld is not responsible for lost, missing or stolen personal property.
Are wheelchairs or electronic convenience vehicles (ECVs) available?
You can rent your wheelchair or ECV online ahead of time. The rental shop is located inside the park near Guest Services. Guests must be 18 years or older to rent these items. Wheelchair access is provided at all shows and attractions.
Other Experiences and OffersExpand All
Can I buy SeaWorld souvenirs online?
You can purchase souvenirs, merchandise and gifts from the comfort of your home by visiting www.seaworldshop.com.
Can I hold a private event at SeaWorld?
SeaWorld San Diego offers a variety of offerings for company meetings, picnics, private events and more. Click here for more information about the opportunities available.
Does SeaWorld host school groups or field trips?
There is an ocean of opportunities for students to learn at SeaWorld. Check out our amazing camps, field trips, and special offers for teachers here.
My Annual Pass is lost or stolen - what do I do?
Reprints will be issued at the Ticket Services windows just outside of the Entrance turnstiles. Adults must present valid government-issued photo identification in order to receive their reprinted Annual Pass.