This section of our website is designed for working journalists. The park’s communications team is eager to work with members of the media. We hope you find this section of our website useful.
Media Admission Policy
- SeaWorld San Diego is proud to offer a news media admission policy which enables working media to become familiar with the destination's various feature opportunities. We extend tickets as a professional courtesy and consider requests on a case-by-case basis based upon news outlet and market through traditional and social channels. This courtesy is extended to active members of the news media only.
- Qualifying media may request up to four (4) single-day tickets once per calendar year. This courtesy is for park admission only.
- Requests must be received during normal business hours at least 72 hours prior to the intended visit date.
Complimentary admission is available to media in the following categories:
- Editors, Reporters, Photojournalists, Publishers, Managing/Assignment Editors and Freelance Writers.
- News Producers, News Directors/Assistant Directors, Reporters, Managing/Assignment/Planning Editors, News Writers, Online/Web Producers, Photojournalists and Meteorologists.
– Bloggers are considered on a case-by-case basis if the blogger has a significant social media following and meets other criteria.
We are unable to provide admission to those not employed in a news-gathering role, such as sales, promotions, programming, clerical/administrative, graphic arts, engineering or public relations/communications staff.
Due to the popularity of certain events and time frames, SeaWorld San Diego reserves the right to have block out dates for media passes.