Welcome Back, Dozer!October 4, 2018
Dozer the walrus has returned to Wild Arctic! Fellow walruses Chouchou and Mitik, along with the rest of the Wild Arctic crew, welcomed back the 25-year-old gentle giant after his recent visit to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma, WA.
Dozer is one of only 15 walruses in accredited zoos and aquariums in the United States, an ambassador for his species who inspires visitors and advances walrus conservation. A few details about Dozer:
- He was born at SeaWorld San Diego in 1993!
- He has lived at all three SeaWorld parks!
- He weighs over 3,100 pounds!
- He eats 115 pounds of clams and fish every day!
- He has a signature whistle (that he emits when he’s feeling amorous)!
Come visit Dozer, Chouchou, and Mitik at Wild Arctic (and stay tuned for Walrus Awareness Week in December) to learn more about these prodigious pinnipeds!
Additional Resources:Walrus AnimalBytes