Celebrate Sharks This Month with this Checklist of Fin-tastic ExperiencesJune 11, 2018
Swimming to an underwater adventure near you: pop culture's biggest ocean star! From Discovery's famed "Shark Week" to countless representations in film and beyond, these incredible animals have certainly left a jaw-dropping impression on us. But not only are they beloved on land - sharks are vital members of their marine ecosystems for maintaining ocean health.
Whether it's for their speed, mystery or sheer diversity, SeaWorld® Orlando celebrates sharks 365 days of the year. If you're a longtime fan or are jumping the shark bandwagon for July's Shark Month, you can bring this printable shark activity checklist with you on your next visit to SeaWorld® Orlando and Discovery Cove to experience these fin-tastic animals.
Sharks in SeaWorld
Dare to Visit Them All
Shark Wreck Reef: Your destination for all things shark! Home to the Mako roller coaster, the Shark Encounter viewing tunnel and other interactive learning exhibits.
• Mako: The Mako roller coaster at SeaWorld® Orlando, named for one of the ocean's fastest sharks, lives up to expectations as Orlando's tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster. Dart around tight bends and investigate a ship wreck at speeds reaching 73 mph.
• Shark Encounter: Dare to walk through one of world's largest underwater viewing tunnels for a face-to-fin glimpse of one of the natural world's most ancient and enigmatic animals.
• Shark's Underwater Grill: Recognized among the best restaurants in Orlando, this spot is a can't miss for all shark aficionados, who can dine surrounded by an immersive shark tank.
• Sharks Up-Close Tour: Explore the breathtaking diversity of shark species in our ocean. Dispel fast from fiction in a behind-the-scenes tour with the opportunity to touch a shark itself.
• Swim with Sharks at Discovery Cove Orlando: Discovery Cove offers a one-of-a-kind experience to swim with the sharks and learn more about them from expert guides!
Download the full checklist here.